- Feras Dayoub works on enabling mobile robots to operate in everyday environments for long periods of time.
- Ruth Schulz works on human cues for robotic exploration
- Sareh Shirazi works on learning affordances in the world using scene context.
- Niko Suenderhauf works on visual place recognition
- David Ball works on agricultural robotics
- Chris McCool works on visual classification of agricultural crops
- Adam Tow works on learning actions from vision
- Sean McMahon works on learning affordances for robotic tasks
- Fahimeh Rezazadegan works on learning human intention
- Timothy Morris works on vision-only navigation
- Alex Bewley is working on automatically learning and classifying dynamic objects from a moving platform
- Ben Talbot (Associate Supervisor) is working on using human cues such as the web and signs for robot navigation in previously unseen places.
- Andrew English (Associate Supervisor) Coverage navigation under uncertainty for field robots
- Michael Warren worked on vision-based metric SLAM for airborne scenarios.
- Hu He worked on 3D visual segmentation.
- Phil Cadell worked on embedded mesh networks for multiple robotic sensors with wireless timing accurate to less than 100 microsec.
- Razmi Khan worked on visual servoing for high speed atmospheric reentry vehicles
- Iain Williams worked on terrain based SLAM in mining environments
- Michael Shiel worked on embedded hierarchical inertial navigation